February 13th, 2009, Kelly Gibson
The Microsoft MCAD (Microsoft Certified Application Developer) is a certification program that gives students a working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET on the Microsoft .NET framework. To earn this certification, you need to pass a number of exams. To start with, you need to pass either a Windows Application Development Exam or Web Application Development Exam. After that, you need to pass a Server Components exam and a Web Services exam, and then an elective exam.
Earning a Microsoft – MCAD Certification
Web or Windows Application Development Exam: To pass this exam, you need to develop Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications with the help of Visual Studio .NET. You also need to be good in programming ADO.NET. To earn a Microsoft MCAD certification, you need to upgrade your Web Development Skills from Microsoft ASP.NET to ASP.
Web Services and Server Components Development Exam: To pass this exam, you need to develop XML Web Services with the help of Microsoft ASP.NET. In addition, you need to build COM+ Applications through Microsoft .NET Enterprise Services. Similar to Web or Windows Application Development Exam, programming with Microsoft ADO.NET is mandatory in Web Services and Server Components Development Exam. To pass this exam, you need to do some programming with XML in the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Elective Exams: The first elective exam on the list is designing and implementation of databases through Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition. To pass this exam, you need to be proficient in programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database. The second one on the list is designing and implementing Solutions through Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.
Career Opportunities with a Microsoft – MCAD Certification
By successfully earning Microsoft MCAD certification, you can work in areas such as maintenance, development and testing. You can also easily get an admission into higher education levels without having to go through an entrance exam. Most of the top IT companies hire individuals with Microsoft MCAD certification for the maintenance and security of their networks.
Average Salary for a Microsoft – MCAD Professional
The average salary of individuals with Microsoft MCAD certification is in the range of $35,000 to $70,000. This certification can be quite advantageous for individuals who continue to increase their academic qualification. With the increase in academic qualification and experience level, your salary can go up to $80,000.
Pros of Earning an Online Microsoft – MCAD Certification
- You can earn an online Microsoft MCAD certification from the comfort of your home.
- By earning a Microsoft MCAD certification online, you can save plenty of time and money. Tuition rates are quite low in an online environment and, with no traveling, you are going to save on transportation costs.
- By earning an online Microsoft MCAD certification, you can get entry level jobs in the field of information technology and computer science.
- With an online Microsoft MCAD certification, you can easily get admission into Bachelor and Master degree programs in computer science.
- The syllabus is updated on a regular basis.
Cons of Earning an Online Microsoft – MCAD Certification
- If you are used to attending classroom lectures, you may struggle in learning at online environment.
- There is not much interaction with faculty members after the class.
- There is not much scope of practical training when you are studying in an online environment.
Leading Schools for an Online Microsoft – MCAD Certification
- Kaplan University
- Regis University