Affordable Culinary Arts Degree & Schools Online
September 24th, 2008
Culinary Arts refer to the cooking and kitchen work related to preparing new dishes. As a chef, you may get a fine job in a hotel or restaurant with the responsibility of preparing dishes to tickle the taste buds of the patrons. You need to have skills and knowledge about diet and nutrition as well.
Career Opportunities with a Culinary Arts Degree
After earning a Bachelors, Masters or certification in a Culinary Arts, you have a number of career choices in a hospitality industry, hotels/motels, restaurants, fast food-joints, bakeries, health care and allied fields and catering businesses. As a Culinary Arts graduate or professional, you may venture into the lucrative career avenues like:
- A Chef with hotels, motels, restaurants, fast food chains and other reputable organization (public or private). As a chef you will be responsible for preparing and supervising food-menus, buffets and specialize dish-making.
- As a Food & Beverage Manager you will be responsible for managing a food and beverage department and ensuring its proper functionality.
- If you take up a career as a Culinary Arts Specialist or Consultant you will design menus and ensure proper work in commercial kitchens.
- A Food Critic’s job is challenging and responsible. As a food critic you need to present customers with an unbiased and rational judgment about the food trends, restaurants food and chefs’ specialty menus. You may take a job as a critic by writing columns and advising people about lifestyle and culinary issues.
- With specialized degree and certification courses, you may also venture into the field of research & development of kitchens and culinary arts to develop new products for commercial manufacturers.
- A good option is in the form of Food Stylist and Photographer. This is a specialized field of interest that requires you to have a good imagination and skills, formal training in a photography field along with a Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts. You may write books, pamphlets or prepare snapshots and advertisements for a commercial product.
- As an Independent Culinary Professional, you may take up options in catering, bakeries, food manufacturing and suppliers of food items.
- You may also start a career as an Instructor to render professional training to students taking Culinary Arts as a career.
- A healthy lifestyle culture is popular worldwide and it has opened up a number of new career avenues for nutritionists and fitness experts or counselors.
Salary for a Social Work
The salary package of a culinary arts specialist is based on demographic factors, hotel standard and level of degree and expertise. A Culinary Arts graduate can earn around $23,500 annually to $52,000 annually.
Pros and Cons of Earning an Online Social Work Degree
The main pro of an online degree is the vast database and resources of reference materials and comprehensive curriculum. The main con of an online degree course is that the students need to check the accreditation of an online university since most employers hire people with degrees from accredited universities.
Leading Schools for an Online Social Work Degree
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago
- Texas Culinary Academy
- Orlando Culinary Academy
- California School of Culinary Arts Pasadena
- School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology, DIT, Dublin, Ireland
- The Culinary Institute of Canada
- The Culinary Institute of America
- Lincoln College of Technology
- For more student consumer information, please visit www.lincolnedu.com/lincolnconsumerinfo
- Pennsylvania Culinary Institute
- North Shore International Academy, Auckland, New Zealand