Careers as Online Instructor

Online Instructor Career – An Overview

With the growing popularity of online degree courses at colleges and universities, online teaching is gaining popularity. An online instructor is a teacher who conducts classes using the internet or any other form of online medium. The courses conducted by an online instructor are referred to as online classes. The teacher and students never get a chance to meet face to face in an online teaching program. These courses are available for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral courses.

Educational Requirement for an Online Instructor

An online instructor at a college or university should be qualified like any other faculty member. A minimum of master’s degree is required to teach at post secondary institutions. Many institutions hire only doctoral degree holders as instructors.
The qualifications required for the job usually include a Bachelor’s degree, a prescribed certification in a subject area, and computer knowledge. The best way to obtain an online tutors job is to perform a search on the net with your state’s name and the words “virtual school” or “virtual academy”. There is a great demand for these positions; hence applying as early as possible is a must to ensure a job.

Career as Online Instructor

An online instructor’s role revolves around the following characteristics namely, pedagogical, social, managerial and technical. The moderator’s role is about performing his/ her duty as an educational instructor. It is equally important to promote education in a friendly and a social atmosphere. Managing a conference with strong leadership and direction is an absolute necessity for a successful conferencing. Essentially an instructor should facilitate smooth usage of the system and software required for conferencing.

An Online Instructors services are required in the following fields:

This list is only indicative.

• Nursing
  • USPS Training Instructor Information Technology
  • Tool book Online Course Developer Needed
  • Medical Transcription
  • Web & Multimedia
  • Science
  • Business Math
  • CAEL Certified
  • Medical Law & Bioethics
  • Health Sciences

Written by

Kelly Gibson is the official spokesperson for onlinedegreetalk.org, where she frequently writes as well. When she’s not busy reading about the latest trends in online education, she loves horse riding and going for the occasional swim. Check out her blog OnlineDegreeTalk.org – which aims to assist you in your journey towards online education.

16 Responses to “Careers as Online Instructor”

1. pligg.com says:

Careers as Online Instructor | Online Degree Talk…

2. Claire says:

Is it really required to have a Bachelor’s Degree before one can be an online instructor?

I guess nothing impossible now in the internet world. I already built my resume by http://www.nuresume.com and I’m getting alerts for the jobs wanted I posted. If I’m lucky, I can land a job online to support my last year of study.

[Reply]

3. Thanks for sharing the valuable information. I will share this info to my friends. I think that even the well qualified teacher having adequate experience in face to face teaching needs training before conducting online tutoring sessions. Online tutoring deals with various aspects of students and thus needs customized teaching strategies to be applied. For the newbie who want a platform to start working as an online tutor, http://tutorskingdom.com/ may also be good source.

4. admin says:

Thanks for appreciating the effort Shubhranshu. Feel free to share more such relevant information with us.

[Reply]

5. [...] thousands of kilometers away from his place. There are websites that will do homework for you, but Online Tutoring is about performing the role of a traditional teacher, teaching, guiding and supporting the [...]

6. Ryan says:

Well, really need to appreciate the given thought. Studies show that the percentage of parents and students turning to Educational Tutors for help is increasing, and the trend of availing this facility through internet, is amazingly gaining popularity.
    It is in this context that the relevance of online tutoring agencies like http://www.tutorskingdom.com increases.

7. yvonne harrison says:

i am interesting in becoming an online instructor. i am now an instructor onground, however; i am interesting in online as well. if you would so kindly return an email to inform me of any online openings.

thanks,

yvonne harrison

8. Parker says:

This advice is really going to help, thanks.

9. Elaine Garber says:

I am currently a licensed cosmetology teacher. Do I need a college degree to become an online cosmetology instructor? If possible could you please send me an email stating the requirements and how I can get started with a career as an online cosmetology instructor.
    Thank you in advance or your help.

10. Barrett's Esophagus says:

This is my very first time i visit right here. I found so numerous interesting stuff inside your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment right here! maintain up the great work.

11. Pauline says:

I’m grateful for you because of this good articles. You definitely did make my day.

[Reply]

12. Great and really informative.
    Good Job and well said.
    Fantastics to just read the entire post , it kept me interesting.
    Very nicely written.

13. workers comp says:

Hmmm…great to find out, there were definitely a couple of points in which I had not thought of before.

14. Degrees in holistic nutrition says:

Thanks for the effort you took to expand upon this topic so thoroughly. I look forward to future post.

15. Zack Cucinella says:

I really liked reading your website. Excellent posts! Please continue posting such great content.

16. Deepak Yadav says:

this is nice blog regarding for online assignment.